Saturday, February 17, 2007

Week in Review

Well since I've had such a busy week I thought it would be easier to recap all in one hit.

Monday was my birthday!!!! I still enjoy having birthdays even though it means I'm getting older. Was a funny day a) I started the day pretty sick with biliary colic; b) I had to work; c) since we're on diets in this house we couldn't go out for dinner as we normally would;and d) the kids were at their dad's house and forgot. However I did receive some lovely presents. mark bought me a beautiful red Jag wallet, coin purse and keyring set. I also had some money to go on a scrapbook shopping spree. Mum & dad sent money so I could buy new clothes for my upcoming cruise and my 2 brothers both gave me a lovely willow tree figurine each (I love these little figurines..... if you don't know what they are they look like they have been carved from wood and have no facial features).

Spent a couple of fun days with Jo. Thursday we had a quick trip to Ikea to return a kitchen trolley I had bought that didn't work (surprise, surprise we refrained from shopping in there!!!!). Next stop was Spotlight. Spent some birthday money on a new cutting tool for scrapbooking. Looks like a rotary cutter but with interchangeable fancy blades. I'll have to take a photo of it and post it. We then had a girly lunch and st up the MSN messenger for Club- scrap n' Chat.

Friday we spent the day with Kaye and Melinda. Cruised a few scrap shops and of course spent money. Got some new stamps and a circle cutter. Had a great day.... will have to do that again soon.



This is the Layout I did for the first week of Scrapbook City's Reality Scraps competition. We had to scrap our passion (well that was easy.....stitching is definitely mine) using the 3 bugs in a rug papers from the survival kit. We also had to journal and it couldn't be hidden. We also had to include an embellishment cluster using products from 3 companies. I used alot of hand stitching on my layout and am pretty happy with how it turned out.

Until next time,
Terri x

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I can't believe that you and Jo went to Ikea and didn't buy anything.
It's a shame you were sick on your birthday, sounds like you got spoilt, so that's good.
Love the L/O good luck with the next round.