Thursday, January 11, 2007

What a Day!!!!

Today was very busy. I went to apply for my passport but was knocked back as I was wearing my glasses in the photo.... not that the lady who took the photo mentioned that to me at the time.... so had to get another set done. Then my next obstacle was with my name. I wanted my passport to be issued in Knapp as that's what the cruise is booked under, but even though I had my marriage licence, birth certificate and divorce decree they wouldn't accept it. The passport office had told me this wouldn't be a problem when I first rang about it. So then I had to go and change my driver's licence and tomorrow I have to change my medicare details so then I can submit my passport application. Of course non of these places are in the same suburb!!!! Now I'm going to have to change my bank cards, health fund, nurse's registration etc. I didn't want to do it yet as Mark and I are maybe getting married this year and I'll have to go and change it all again. Maybe I'll just keep my maiden name, it'd be easier.

The day wasn't a complete disaster though. Jo & I paid a visit to scrapbook city. I bought my kit for the explosion box online class. The fancy pants papers and ribbons are just beautiful. Can't wait to do this class as haven't done an online class before. I also bought some beautiful crystal brads and these new prima flowers that are edged with some sort of white dimensional stuff. They also come with jewel flowered shaped centres. They are gorgeous and I got a set in the green. Just love green stuff at the moment.

Next we ducked into spotlight and I got some more jewel embellishments. These are flowered shape and come in a pack of 4 different colours and 8 of each. Pretty good value for $3.99. I also picked up a wooden square open album. I'm going to make a little family brag book. It's small enough that I can carry it around in my purse.

Well shopping for scrap gear has sparked my urge to scrap. I've started on the little brag book and also started to alter a box I've had sitting around for ages. It fits index cards in it and I've decided to make it a quote box. I've got heaps of quotes and poems around that I use in my journalling and stitchery patterns. They're all just on A4 sheets of paper and are stored everywhere. This way I can file them under specific themes and be able to find a quote easily.

That's it for now.
Tx

1 comment:

Sandra said...

OMG,,,what a day!!!!! oh Terri you poor thing, what a hassle.
Glad you had some retail therapy to cheer you up.

Waiting to see some posts in your links,,c'mon Missy get to it.