Friday, April 6, 2007

What Have I Been Up To?

Doesn't time just fly? I just never seem to have enough hours in the day to do all that I want to do. I've got a couple of CJ's I have to get finished this weekend, my L/O for Club - Scrap n' Chat, and a pile of OTP and mini books that are in various stages of completion. Not to mention all the sewing and new patterns I'm in the process of working. I really need to devote more time to the business but with working full time shift work at the hospital (and doing extra shifts) and getting the kids to all their activities and helping with homework etc it is just plain hard.

My other big project that seems to be taking up a lot of time is the refurbishment of my craft studio. At the moment it's just a mish mash of furniture and storage units I've collected along the way. However I am now planning to redo the room with new units and a new desk. As my craft studio takes up the spare bedroom I am planning to remodell and put in a sofa bed so we can have people stay. I've been pouring over Ikea catalogues and making visits to Bunnings for the last couple of weeks as I come up with a plan. I seem to have spent a lot of hours dreaming of ways to make this room workable as a scraproom, sewing room, office and spare room while naking it the perfect creative space for me. Finally I've decided on a new configuration, what desk I want and the storage units and shelves as well as the colour scheme and some decorative pieces.

As I have a blue TV in the room I've had to plan the colour scheme around it. I'm going to get a couple of white expedit bookcases from Ikea. These are perfect as they are in 30cm cube configurations. My desk is actually a stainless steel kitchen console from Ikea. With the stainless steel splash back I'll be able to put some magnetic little pots on it to store various items at the ready. As I tend to stand up to scrap these days it is the exact height that I need. I'm also going to get a funky barstool for those times that I want to sit. I'm painting one wall blue and the other either a red or green. IKEA have these excellent red and green boxes that are 30cm cube so they will fit well on the shelves and store all the bits and pieces in. So the colour scheme will be whit, blue and steel with some other bright colours as accent bits. I can't wait to have it all done. I've worked out the costing, hence why I'm writing this at work while I pick up some extra night shifts to pay for it. I'm hoping to have it all finished in a couple of months.

6 comments:

Francine Burgess said...

wow terri you are busy...sounds like youve got a great scrapping roomm in the making and what a wonderful time you must have had on your cruise...cant wait to see your slide show..
scrapcat..

Unknown said...

Oooh, a scrap room makeover! Sounds great! Hope it all goes to plan.

Rachelle said...

I am soooooo jealous, I want a makeover too!!!
I sounds as though it is going to be great - make sure you post some piccies for us to see.
Rach x

kat said...

sounds like you are very busy now, i see you have started to get right into the scrappin world how is your stitching patterns going are you still selling them ?
good luck withyour room alot of stuff to put into that room, have you finally been able to kick Mark's fishing things out of the room.
kat

Anonymous said...

Hey Chick,
Just doing the rounds to try and catch up with everyone. I can understand about being busy and not having time for things but anyway we will get there in the end.

Sandra said...

Ohhh,,,sounds good,,,,piccies please.
Hope your eyes are feeling better.